This is Nick Nugent with your CrossPolitic Daily News Brief for Monday, August 3, 2020.
Today, you will hear about President Trump’s threat to ban the popular TikTok app, Hong Kong’s decision to delay parliamentary elections, and breaking developments in the area of cervixes.
Sources for today’s briefing include the following:
– Trump says he will ban TikTok
– ByteDance Said to Offer to Sell TikTok’s U.S. Operations
– Report: TikTok’s Chinese owner willing to completely divest U.S. operations to avert banning by Trump
– TikTok is a national security threat, US politicians say. Here’s what experts think
– Trump Can’t Ban TikTok, but He Can Hurt It
– Trump says he plans to ban TikTok from US
Hong Kong Elections
– Hong Kong postpones elections for a year ‘over virus concerns’
– Hong Kong elections: Lam’s inner circle differs on how best to deal with Legislative Council vacuum postponement of polls will create
– Hong Kong delays election, and Trump tweet leaves US with less moral authority to complain
“Individuals with a Cervix”
– American Cancer Society Issues New Guidelines For ‘Individuals With A Cervix’
– The Progressive Patriarchy Advances