Robert Jay Lifton has an outstanding book called “Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism: A Study of ‘Brainwashing’ in China.” In chapter 22, he lays out 8 phenomena of “Ideological Totalism” and he discusses “thought-terminating cliches.” This is an important concept that is helpful in our evangelism, because we realize that people are given cliches to prevent them from thinking further and deeper about issues. Once we recognize these cliches, we have the opportunity to deal with this terminating language and press certain issues further.
- CrossPolitic Daily News Brief for Friday, September 18, 2020
- HtBT: You need to be needed, Adam Carolla and Dave Rubin Interview clip – Ep 495
- AD – MacArthur versus Timothy Keller
- The Theology Pugcast: Discipleship in the Times of Heightened Propaganda
- CrossPolitic Daily News Brief for Thursday, September 17, 2020