Robert Jay Lifton has an outstanding book called “Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism: A Study of ‘Brainwashing’ in China.” In chapter 22, he lays out 8 phenomena of “Ideological Totalism” and he discusses “thought-terminating cliches.” This is an important concept that is helpful in our evangelism, because we realize that people are given cliches to prevent them from thinking further and deeper about issues. Once we recognize these cliches, we have the opportunity to deal with this terminating language and press certain issues further.
- The Theology Pugcast: Kill the Dragon, Get the Girl
- HtBT: The PA legislature was an encouraging breath of fresh air – Ep 536
- MidWeek Fix Special: Every Square Inch (Worldview Shotgun Series)
- HtBT: Proof that Trump is actually playing 4d Chess – Ep 535
- CrossPolitic Daily News Brief for Tuesday, November 24, 2020