In his piece “Why I am Not a Christian,” Bertrand Russell suggests he’s not a Christian because of “the curious story” of Jesus and the fig tree, as well as the fact that Russell thinks Jesus predicted his “second coming” in the lifetime of his disciples. Russell doesn’t read the Bible very well, because if he understood the story of the fig, he would see it is related to Jesus “second coming” (Note: It’s not about the second coming!).
- CrossPolitic Daily News Brief for Tuesday, September 22, 2020
- HtBT: The CDC doesn’t just make mistakes over and over again – Ep 496
- CrossPolitic Daily News Brief for Monday, September 21, 2020
- Unity Over Pro-Life?, Black Lives Matter is a Prop, and an Interview w/ Ben Greenfield
- CrossPolitic Daily News Brief for Friday, September 18, 2020