Live on Facebook at 7pm Pacific time; tune in now here! Don’t worry if you miss us live–you’ll still be able to download the show on your favorite podcast platform.
First, a couple housekeeping items. Trinity Reformed Church Epiphany Lectures are March 2nd and 3rd. New Saint Andrews president Dr. Ben Merkle will be teaching on of the mortification of sin and the great joy of long-term faithfulness. The lectures are free! Sign up here and join us. This is also the same weekend of New Saint Andrews’ Prospective Student Weekend. Sign up for that here and check out the college while you’re in town. While here, as an added bonus, you might meet the host of CrossPolitic. Please note that NSA’s priority application deadline is coming up fast–February 15th!
This week we’re joined by Hannah Grieser, author of The Clouds Ye So Much Dread. The Clouds Ye So Much Dread is a beautiful blend of memoir, theology, meditation, and storytelling. Each of these chapters–from dreading the birth of her first child, to living in unfamiliar and dangerous places, to facing the news that her son had been diagnosed with cancer–describes the stories through which Hannah has come to see that hard or uncertain circumstances, rather than being cause for doubt and dread, can instead become the unasked-for means that our loving Father uses to turn us toward Him and to show us His faithfulness. Told in Hannah’s graceful yet punchy prose, the reflections in this powerful book will challenge readers to revisit their own hard times and see how God can take the storms that we most fear and turn them into downpours of blessings.
In CrossPolitic news, we discuss the recent FISA memo, all the shenanigans surrounding PI Christopher Steele, and Rand Paul’s resistance to the Senate’s proposed budget that was passed this last week.
You can stream live from our website here, or you can find our newest episode in the iTunes store and Google store.
To find out more about our partnerships (limited number) and advertising packages, please email us at [email protected] Finally, the best way you can help us out is to join our club membership!
Upcoming events to note:
1) CALLED Conference July 16th through 20th– a conference that will challenge Christian high school students to become the next generation of cultural leaders, because they are CALLED…
→ to put on the whole armor of God
→ to engage culture
→ to advance the Kingdom
2) Trinity Reformed Church Epiphany Lectures are March 2nd and 3rd. Followup website for details.
3) Grace Agenda: Enraging Culture April 13th and 14th in Moscow, Idaho. Register here!
4) Good Shepherds’ Conference: Toby will be in Bloomington, Indiana February 21st through the 23rd. Register here!
5) New Saint Andrews College priority application deadline is February 15th. Apply here now! You can also visit the college during Prospective Student Weekends, coming up March 2nd and 3rd, and April 13th and 15th. Click here to sign up and visit.
*We are also scheduling, as our time allows, one CrossPolitic Live show per quarter. If you want to host a live CP show at your conference or special event, please email us at [email protected]