Folks, a couple things to note up front. If y’all haven’t heard about New Saint Andrews College, visit their website at www.nsa.edu. The priority application deadline is February 15th. You can also visit the college during Prospective Student Weekends, coming up March 2nd and 3rd, and April 13th and 15th. While here, as an added bonus, you might meet the host of CrossPolitic.
Secondly, our friend has published a devotional journal focused on gratitude. If you struggle with keeping up with daily devotions or gratitude (or both!) or just need a little more structure for your Bible reading and prayer life, check out the Christian Gratitude Journal. We here at CrossPolitic are convinced that gratitude to God is central to Christian fighting, laughing, and feasting. To find out more, please visit our partner link https://christiangratitude.com/ref/2/.
This week we’re joined by pastor and chef Francis Foucachon. Food is not just fuel for our bodies. It is about community and family relationships, it is about beauty and flavors, it is about God-given pleasure and art. Francis’ book Food for Thought shares a collection of delicious personal recipes and sage counsel for readers considering the restaurant business.
Francis has a trio of passions–his faith, his family, and his food. He was trained to become a chef in the elite world of gastronomy in Lyon, France before being trained as a minister of the Gospel at the Reformed Seminary in Aix-en-Provence. He worked as a chef in France and Switzerland, and later created his own high-end restaurant in the USA. He was ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America in 1987, and ministered as a church planter in France and in Quebec for 24 years. Francis now works with Huguenot Heritage in partnership with Third Millennium Ministries. He and his wife Donna have five children.
In CrossPolitic news, we discuss New Jersey governor Phil Murray, passion for states’ rights, California’s governor prosecuting any business who helps the feds with immigration sweeps, and Missouri’s health and wellness surveys for sixth graders.
Upcoming events to note:
1) CALLED Conference July 16th through 20th– a conference that will challenge Christian high school students to become the next generation of cultural leaders, because they are CALLED…
→ to put on the whole armor of God
→ to engage culture
→ to advance the Kingdom
2) Trinity Reformed Church Epiphany Lectures are March 2nd and 3rd. Followup website for details.
3) Grace Agenda: Enraging Culture April 13th and 14th in Moscow, Idaho. Register here!
4) Good Shepherds’ Conference: Toby will be in Bloomington, Indiana February 21st through the 23rd. Register here!
5) New Saint Andrews College priority application deadline is February 15th. Apply here now! You can also visit the college during Prospective Student Weekends, coming up March 2nd and 3rd, and April 13th and 15th. Click here to sign up and visit.