Glenn starts off the discussion with “On Weeds and Fairy Tales,” an article in Touchstone by Vigen Guroian. Guroian argues that reason and imagination work together to help us make sense of the world, but only imagination lets us get beyond facts into the realm of meaning and helping us develop a moral sense. This was one of the functions of fairy tales traditionally. But Guroian notes a number of weeds that can choke out the moral imagination which he labels the Idyllic Imagination, the Idolatrous Imagination, and the Diabolic Imagination. As usual, Tom and Chris join in the exploration of all these ideas and more.
- Whitmer Blames Trump for Shutdowns | 50 Cent Can Do Math | Facebook Not Laughing at Babylon Bee
- CrossPolitic Daily News Brief for Wednesday, October 21th, 2020
- HtBT: You’ll find 50 Cent in da club just not that New York club- Ep 511
- KDCP Ep. 72 Cosmic Skeptic (Naturalism) vs Reason
- CrossPolitic Daily News Brief for Tuesday, October 20th, 2020