This episode was brought to you by Classical Conversations. To find out more, please visit www.classicalconversations.com. Enjoy the show!
Live on Facebook at 7pm PAC time every Sunday night, tune in now here! Don’t worry if you miss us live–you’ll still be able to download the show on your favorite podcast platform.
A couple housekeeping items. First, many of y’all have heard about the tragic high school shooting in Parkland, Florida. These tragedies are becoming more and more politicized, and so Pastor Toby wrote an article about dueling religions and why prayer is so important in these situations. Check it out on our CrossPolitic blog here.
Second, we cannot thank our club members enough. We are truly grateful for your membership support, and would love for others to follow! Right now we are producing one show per week, and we have all sorts of ideas about producing more content. The quickest way to help this to happen is to join our membership club. Please click here for more info. We are adding corporate sponsors, ad partners and more, but your monthly membership provides monthly consistency for the future of CrossPolitic. Thanks for considering, and enjoy the show!
This week we’re joined by Paul Taylor, Director of the Mount St. Helens Creation Center since October 2014, and also an author. Paul has been speaking on creation and apologetics for over 35 years. He taught science in public (government) schools in the UK for nearly 20 years. He has worked with ministries such as Answers in Genesis and Creation Today, and has spoken in Britain, Ireland, Europe, and across the United States, in churches and at conferences. He has authored nine books including The Six Days of Genesis, Itching Ears, and Don’t Miss the Boat.
Paul recently wrote Only Believe, a simple and helpful book on defending your faith. Paul says of his book, “Apologetics is that branch of practical theology concerned with the defense of the Christian faith. Yet, I discovered that, for years, I had being doing apologetics wrong. It turned out that what I was defending was not really the Christian faith, but simply a form of theism. In this book, I introduce the concept of Presuppositional Apologetics, and examine it from Scripture. I have kept technical terms to a minimum, so that this should be just about the easiest to read book that you have ever found on the biblical way to defend your faith.”
In CrossPolitic news, we discuss Maryland Community Church’s preference over principal regarding worship, and St. Matthew Trinity Lutheran Church’s “Renaming Ceremony” for their pastor, who has transitioned from female to male.
Upcoming events to note:
1) CALLED Conference July 16th through 20th– a conference that will challenge Christian high school students to become the next generation of cultural leaders, because they are CALLED…
→ to put on the whole armor of God
→ to engage culture
→ to advance the Kingdom
2) Trinity Reformed Church Epiphany Lectures are March 2nd and 3rd. Followup website for details.
3) Grace Agenda: Enraging Culture April 13th and 14th in Moscow, Idaho. Register here!
4) Good Shepherds’ Conference: Toby will be in Bloomington, Indiana February 21st through the 23rd. Register here!
5) New Saint Andrews College priority application deadline is February 15th. Apply here now! You can also visit the college during Prospective Student Weekends, coming up March 2nd and 3rd, and April 13th and 15th. Click here to sign up and visit.