Playing acoustic-based music that combines the melodic simplicity of bluegrass with the emotional expression of contemporary singer/songwriters, Jenny & Tyler are a husband-and-wife duo whose music and message are informed by their strong Christian faith. Jenny Appel and Tyler Somers first met in 2004 when they were students at the University of Delaware; he was a worship leader with the Baptist Student Ministry that she regularly attended. The two became fast friends, and in time, their relationship evolved into something deeper. Jenny had begun writing songs in her early teens as a means of self-expression, and her parents were serious fans of gospel and bluegrass music, while her dad was also an amateur luthier. Tyler, meanwhile, also came from a musical household: he was the son of a jazz composer, Wilson Somers, who also taught music, and his mother was a singer. Both Jenny and Tyler performed music in their spare time, and they soon began accompanying one another and writing songs as a duo.
About The Author
Gabriel Rench was born in the Promised Land – Texas. Six states later, he ended up in Moscow, Idaho, graduated from the University of Idaho and married my wonderful wife-Annie.
24 January 2017
14 March 2017
21 March 2017
25 April 2017
- KDCP Ep. 70 “Racist. Sexist. Anti-Gay.” Part 3
- CrossPolitic Daily News Brief for Tuesday, September 22, 2020
- HtBT: The CDC doesn’t just make mistakes over and over again – Ep 496
- CrossPolitic Daily News Brief for Monday, September 21, 2020
- Unity Over Pro-Life?, Black Lives Matter is a Prop, and an Interview w/ Ben Greenfield