For a song that refers to itself as a “mighty melody,” it’s about what you’d expect: a florid piece of music, full of bombast and clanging cymbals. The Independent, a British newspaper, said that the production “has a strong North Korean vibe.” That may be overstating it, since the lyrics are more anodyne than jingoistic. But still, what are we supposed to do with a song like this? Will it join the great tradition of martial American songs that paint the aspirations of our nation as pre-blessed by an omnipotent and Americanized creator (cf. Battle Hymn of the Republic)? Or, as seems more likely, will it fade from our collective memory sooner than the swine flu hysteria?Read More
Tag: deutschland uber alles
- CDC Changes, Episcopalians OK w/ Gender Surgery, & Minor Attracted Peeps?? Weekly Recap w/ Toby
- The Gay Conservative Movement – Doug Mainwaring on being gay, Returning to Faith & Repairing Ruins
- The Mar-a-Lago Raid! Who can trust the FBI? Beer & Psalms – Dangerous Christianity!
- The Religion of American Greatness: What’s Wrong With Christian Nationalism? w/ Paul D. Miller
- Inflation Reduction Act is not Reducing, Drs. Suing Biden Admin & CDC, Pastor/Realtor Canceled